Eye Of Newt Dip


This dip is perfect for that Halloween party you're planning or going to. At first glance you might think this is your ordinary black bean dip, black bean and corn salsa, or cowboy caviar. It's not....exactly. I came up with my own recipe that gives attention to color to easily blend into any Halloween event. I also took away an ingredient that one of the three I mentioned above uses. I don't use tomatoes in my recipe because it keeps the dip from becoming too soupy. It will keep for a couple more days in the fridge! 


Eye Of Newt Dip

2 cans of sweet corn (drained and rinsed)
2 cans of black beans (drained and rinsed)
2 orange bell peppers
1 medium onion of your choice
1 big bushel of fresh cilantro
1 packet of zesty Italian dressing (made up as instructed on packet)
For the dressing you'll need oil, vinegar, and water.
I use this specific dressing packet below.


I chop up my pepper, onion, and cilantro to about the size of the individual pieces of corn and beans. I mix up my veggies and dressing in separate bowls first. After I add the dressing to the mix I give it a good toss so that everything is covered and flavored. I often leave a big spoon in my dip bowl to continue to toss the dip occasionally because the dressing does settle at the bottom of the dip bowl after a while. Once it's tossed back up it's as good as new. 

When I make this fun dip for Halloween I buy black corn chips to add to the fun of using the Halloween theme colors. Or are they dried bat wings??? ;)






Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment